Friday, December 4, 2009

See what the cat dragged in!

I had a really strange experience today and I just wanted to share with you all. You've all likely had this same experience as myself, but I still wanted to share it in case anyone else has insight on how this phenomena happened.


This afternoon I had to go out into our back yard to throw the birds some bread crumbs and noticed something in my wooden planters. 







Upon close examination, I could not believe my eyes! There, partially hidden amongst the bushes and half dead flowers were five little men!





...And one... being a little braver than his compatriots I suppose... took a hesitant step forward and in a very soft voice whispered: "Excuse me mam? But my brothers and I are cold. Could we come inside for a moment to warm ourselves?"


I know! I couldn't believe I was hearing correctly either and so, thinking I'd either had a drink that I couldn't recall, or needed a drink or three, turned to go back in the house.




...And the little beggars marched right in!








Before I knew it, Suzie had them in front of the fire. (She doesn't understand they really shouldn't have been there..)






...And once they'd warmed up, they took over control of the whole house! By the time Dick got home, they had commandeered his lazy boy and the remote too!




He was mad enough that they jumped out of the chair and ran to hide in the decorations. (You see, they'd been used to hiding in the forest.....)









He was of course a little abrupt with me and doing the only thing I could think of at the time, I turned and confessed: "Really look at what the cat dragged in!"

...No Wait! I can't blame the cat!  (She can't take the blame for everything I get up to after all.)





In actual fact: I found these while browsing at the BFM thrift shop. (Bibles For Missions.) They are obviously hand knit and formed over styrofoam balls and the best part is they were 50 cents each!


5 comments:

  1. That was so cute! lol I love the little story! And they certainly were a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute way of telling this story! Wonderful, Lucy, and I think you're brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what an adorable story! Those little "guys" are so sweet and all of your photos are cute as can be! Thanks for sharing this wonderful Christmas story! Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, have been known to blame the kitties for things they didn't really do...good thing they love me! Those are the cutest little snowpeople I have seen in ages. I ♥ them in their little green and red outfits...just adorable. And what a great price, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am from St. Thomas. Feel free to pop by my blog and say hello.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete

I can only be better from your comments...thanks!