Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hobbys: Collecting Salt and Pepper Shakers?

One is just a sample. Two is a pair, but more than three and you've got your self a collection!


You are retiring and you want to start a collection of something so you have an excuse to travel around and not feel guilty because it's without purpose. So what would you like to collect you ask?


Well, you could collect elephants, but no.... the seniors home doesn't have enough storage.


You don't have enough money saved to collect vintage cars you exclaim? Well! Neither do most of us, so they're out.


You don't sew, knit or crochet, so you can't collect fabric, yarn or patterns.


So here's a thought: Salt and Pepper Shakers! No Wait! They're small. They're cheap mostly. And you can find them darn near anywhere! A perfect collection!


Here are some that I found and they're all Christmas themed! (What coincidence!) 





 

 

 

 
Sorry about some of my close-ups! I'm working on getting a new camera!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable, Lucy! And just the thing for someone who likes to show off what she's found. Thanks!! Your camera is doing well, but check out the thing called "macro" for closeups. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute!!! I have a small hippo collection, which now includes a couple of Christmas ornaments. My sister has collected ceramic elephants for yours..she has a couple hundred of them; she also collects chefs, and she collects M & M knicknacks. I'm excited because I found her a set of 5 Christmas ornaments that are M& M's wearing chef's hats! A double whammy! I can't wait 'til she receives them next week via Fed Ex.

    ReplyDelete

I can only be better from your comments...thanks!